Monday, December 11, 2006

Bold vs. Mild

As expected, there are plenty of coffee shops around Brown campus. I usually get my coffee from East Side Perks on Waterman st, between Thayer and Brook streets but as in the case with many people, from time to time I pay my dues to Starbucks on Thayer st as well.

I don't consider myself a coffee guy and most of the time I'm interested in the caffeine content (the more the merrier:)) rather than the taste. At Starbucks I, almost all the time, go for a tall bold coffee.

Today, the bold coffee was not ready (needed a few more minutes) and I didn't want to wait, hence I asked for a tall mild with a shot of espresso in it. The lady, to my surprise, told me that the bold means a richer flavor and usually the caffeine content is a lot more in the mild... Who would have known?

Anyway the point is, if you want to stay awake, go for the mild.

No comments: